Covid-19 update: Effective Dec 8, 2020, overnight lodging is available to essential travelers, 10-day quarantines and monthly stays.
You may go here to see if your travel qualifies. (To briefly summarize: Short term lodging facilities are allowed to operate for COVID-19 mitigation and containment measures, treatment measures, provide accommodation for essential workers, or providing housing solutions, including measures to protect homeless populations.)
We’re taking steps to protect you, our employees and the community from Covid-19.
We are following the guidance from the State and County Health Departments regarding best practices for the prevention of spreading COVID-19. Our focus is to do our part to keep both you and our community safe.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- For the time being, all cottages are limited to 2 registered guests only with no additional guests permitted onto the property at any time.
- We enhanced the techniques used to clean our cottages after each rental. In particular, we are paying special attention (using the CDC recommended diluted bleach solution) to interior and exterior touch points such as tables, counters, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, toilets and sinks.
- After every stay, cottages are thoroughly aired out for a minimum of 5 hours by opening all windows wide and turning on fans.
- Rest assured. We have always changed our beds using a freshly laundered European style duvet cover which envelops the comforter inside. In other words, none of your bed covers have ever been touched by a previous guest.
- In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of those who clean the cottages. This includes instructing any cleaner who feels ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers. We are also requiring our cleaners to wear masks while cleaning and be vigilant about frequent hand washing.
We look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure lodging experience for you.
Gorgeous country views, super comfy beds, plenty of space and tons of privacy.
Sound like your kinda Point Reyes getaway?
We think so…and so do our guests! Our cottages have private decks, patios and yards, kitchens with gas ranges for those times you don’t want the bother of walking two minutes to one of our amazing neighborhood restaurants — and classic West Marin country views of horses grazing on pasture against the backdrop of Inverness Ridge.
We’re set on a peaceful country acre studded with flower gardens, towering eucalyptus trees and a contemporary sculpture garden with installations by well known artists.
“Explore the Point Reyes National Seashore by day and relax into your farmstead cottage at Olema Cottages…”
Cottage Living Magazine
Where the heck is Olema?
If you’ve been to Point Reyes before, you’ve probably driven right through the historic, tiny village of Olema — known as the gateway to the Point Reyes National Seashore. We’re 1/2 mile from the park’s entrance, a scenic hour’s drive north of San Francisco and south west of Napa + Sonoma wine country.
We’ve got two fabulous restaurants right next door and all the food, galleries and live music of Point Reyes Station are five minutes up the road.
It’s beautiful here, and more relaxing than you can imagine. Our vacation cottages are quiet and peaceful and sooo comfortable. You won’t want to leave!
Your Point Reyes vacation starts right here…
“It’s your own private happy hour with a big sky over grazing horses every night at sunset from your glassed-in porch. After that, throw a log on the fire and leap into your huge comfy bed.”
You’ve picked the ideal home base for your Point Reyes getaway. The historic village of Olema is known as the gateway to the Point Reyes National Seashore. It’s the perfect kick-off point for discovering the rugged coastline, sandy beaches and over 140 miles of hiking trails. But before we get to that, let’s explore the neighborhood! Here are some places you can walk to from your cottage… more…
Step outside your cottage gate and stroll our small but growing sculpture garden. Our cottages are set in a quiet country acre of flowering gardens, open lawns and towering eucalyptus trees — surrounded by iconic West Marin rural views of neighboring pastures, grazing horses and rolling hills. more…
Error: Access Token for olemacottages is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.